Monday, January 19, 2009

And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom...











My favorite book of the Book of Mormon is 3rd Nephi, but a close second is Mosiah. I love King Benjamin. His counsel brings me JOY! When MY children heed his counsel that REALLY brings me JOY!

Last Friday my oldest daughter Krysta graduated from the CNA (certified nursing assistant) course that is taught at Salt Lake Community College. ( I love that high school students can go to college and high school at the same time, you COULD do that when I was in high school but you had to have a perfect ACT and SAT to do it, now anyone who really wants to can do it)
I am really proud of Krysta. Not just for graduating from this program but for heeding the counsel of King Benjamin.

And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God. (Mosiah 2:17)

Krysta loves to serve and care for others. She has chosen nursing as her career. I cannot imagine her doing anything else. She is not afraid of senior citizens and does not mind caring for them in the even in the most personal ways. She loves to listen to them talk, she loves to tease them (ask her grandparents) she loves to respect them. In the same way she can care for the littlest children too. (she wants to be a newborn intensive care nurse) I am grateful she likes to serve. I am grateful she has chosen to follow in the path of some leaders she really admires.
So my thanks to Sherri Murray, Viki Bailey and Meleta Egbert for being not just great nurses in their own right but amazing Young Women Leaders too. They helped a struggling mom teach the wisdom of a beloved King to a beautiful Daughter of God.

Now if that same beautiful daughter would find what she did with the camera so her mom could post her graduation photos on this blog you would "see" my JOY!
Added pics 2/1/09 finally pics are off the camera and on the blog. JOY!!

2 comments:

DeAnn said...

Congratulations on her accomplishment. That is huge and amazing!

Mama D said...

What a fantastic tribute! Congrats to Krysta. It is a neat thing to know so clearly what one wants to do and how one can use talents and serve at the same time!