Saturday, June 13, 2009

....be fruitful... Genesis 1:28

So June 6th is a big deal at our house, and this year it was a really big deal!!Daniel is our second son and he was literally pushed kicking and screaming into this world by one burley nurse at 3:48 a.m. on June 6th after 8 months and 2 weeks of the worst pregnancy I ever experienced. He was so worth it though! Dano turned 19 this year. In the tradition of greater friends before me here is my tribute to Dano (yeah I realize its a bit late, but its been a tough post to write)

19 reasons why I love Dano!
1. He has the best smile EVER, yep even better than his Dads
2. He is determined
3. He is patient, especially with me
4. He is fun loving an a big tease
5. He is a graceful dancer. I could watch him for hours and just be in awe the whole time
6. He does not waiver, I could learn from him
7. He is flaky and forgetful, only a mom can say that and get away with it
8. He forgives
9. He is handsome
10. He is smart, and he finally knows it
11. He is willing to admit when he is wrong, ok sometimes it takes some humbling
12. He repents, he changes and he does not hang on to regrets
13. He shares, especially with his little sister
14. He loves me, which is not an easy thing to do
15. He gives the BEST hugs EVER!
16. He loves the Lord
17. He has a plan
18. He wants to do what is right and good, really he does!
19. He is mine! Ok He is Fathers but for a time I can say he is mine too!

Dano I love you! Thanks for teaching me so much over the last 19 years. Thanks for letting me practice being a mom on you and not remembering all the times I didn't do so well! You are the best my bud!




Well if you know us, you know Dan is not the only June 6th birthday we have! Katee chose to crash all the family plans for the Dans 3rd birthday. Coming quietly into our lives at a little past 6 in the evening, she won us all over with a heartbeat we were so grateful to hear. This year she is 16!!
So here are the 16 reasons why I love Katee
1. She is the best cuddler ever. She should be good at she has been practicing for 16 years :o)
2. She has eyes that melt my heart
3. She, like her twin brother, is determined
4. She loves me
5. She is a mama's girl
6. She has style, heaven knows her mom needs help here.
7. She is friendly to everyone (until they make her angry)
8. She has these great goals that she just loves to talk about
9. She has a tremendous love for the temple (thanks to Viki and Viki's Mom and Dad)
10. She makes our family complete, I think all of her siblings think of her as their best friend
11. She has this great laugh
12. She keeps me grounded
13. She loves the gospel
14. She reminds me of me at her age (wait that could be bad :o))
15. She pushes herself and isn't satisfied until she knows its her best!
16. She is focused and knows what is important and what is not.
I love you Squishy! Thanks for 16 great years of amazing memories. I cannot wait to see what this year brings, besides your first birthday apart!


The "special one" and the fashionista, I will let you decided who is who? :o)


1 comment:

McKenzie @ Girl Loves Glam said...

Oh I love that! I love those kiddies!!!