Monday, May 4, 2009

faith dwelt first in thy grandmother...2 Timothy 1:5


This is my sweet Grandma Trudy. She passed away a week ago. I wish I could say I am going to miss her but the truth is I have missed her for the last 30 years. I last saw my Grandma when I was 11. That is when I went to live in my first foster home.

When I was attending Ricks College I was taking a genealogy class. I decided to try and find my Grandma to see if she would help me with a project for class. I was thrilled to find out she missed me as much as I had missed her. I had one child at the time and it was so fun to get to tell her all the fun things he was learning. She made me the most beautiful afghan and sent lots of cards and letters. A few years later she had a surgery that put her in a care center. I hate to say we lost touch again. I was under the impression that she was unable to recall people and could not correspond.

I am grateful to believe that she is in a better place, where she can recall all the wonderful memories she wants.


I am grateful to my Aunt Pat and cousin Patti Jo for sharing these pictures with me. I only have one picture of her and I wish I had a scanner to post it. It's sooo cute. I am about 2 years old, Grandma and I are at park close to where she lived in California. We are feeding ducks and peacocks.
I remember lots of memories of my sweet Grandma, mostly revolvong around parks and her mobile home and rocks.
Grandma was tall and slender and had beautiful red hair.
I remember loving her freckles but she did not love them.
I remember she gave great hugs and let me take naps on her lap. I wish I would have taken the time to learn to knit and crochet from her. She was always working on something.
She always had a kind word and I knew she loved me.


This picture is courtesy of Norm. This was taken at Grandma's home in California. She let me water the rocks a lot, occassionally I got the flowers too. I also got to sleep in her big bed. (I don't know how big it really was, but when you are two everything is huge right)
You gotta love that I wore my shoes and socks but no pants in this picture.
I love you Grandma. One day I will see you again and we can feed the peacocks again, this time I won't be afraid.