Saturday, June 13, 2009

children are an heritage of the Lord Ps. 127:3

Somwhere under this pile of cute little girls is my adorable oldest son Marcus! Words cannot describe the love I have for Marcus! I think he is AMAZING! Oh yeah I know he has faults, most of which he inherited from me, but nonetheless I still think he is amazing.

On June 11 at 10:19 pm he was (in his words) forced by big foreign metal objects out of his safe world into the cruel mortality. (yeah I know he its gets the drama queen from me too)

This year Marcus is officially responsible for all his actions. He can now go to Vegas with his cousins and gamble (wanna go Amy L, he has a few nickels).

I know I am late with this post, just like with the others (maybe I will get Krysta's posted on time)
Here are the 21 reasons why I love My Marcus!!

1. Marcus is funny! Holy cow he can be silly!
2. Marcus is GENEROUS! He learned this from his Grandpa Fillmre
3. Marcus is genuine, there is no hiding his feelings.
4. Marcus is compassionate, no one supports the under dog like Marcus does
5. Marcus is an amazing Home Teacher. I hope he has the faith one day to go again soon
6. Marcus takes care of me! It's ok Marc I will be ok, you can do things for you now!
7. Marcus is a collector of people, he loves people, unless you hurt his Mom, then you better watch out!
8. Marcus is an amazing cook, except when he tries to be Chef Ramsay, then I just end up with a broken blender and mushroom paste on the ceiling :o)
9. Marcus is a believer, right now he is pretending he is not, but a testimony like that cannot be gone for long!
10. Marcus is focused. He usually gets what he wants.
11. Marcus is a planner.
12. Marcus is responsible.
13. Marcus is honest.
14. Marcus is trustworthy.
15. Marcus is BIG and he makes me feel safe when he is around.
16. Marcus is charitable.
17. Marcus is serious about his politics. It makes me laugh.
18. Marcus is a big pushover. Just ask his sisters!
19. Marcus is committed, if he says he will do he will do it
20. Marcus is intelligent, he is smart and wise!
21. Marcus loves his family, all of them, even when he doesn't feel like he is a part of them.
Just look at him wth the cute little nieces.
Marcus Buddy, I know life has thrown you a curve (no pun intended) ball the last two years, and it has been a hard blow to deal with, but I have faith in you. You will be back on track before you know it. It's ok if your faith is shaken, I have some to spare. I know it's been awhile since you have had to lean on someone, but it's ok to lean on me for a little while 'til you feel you can be back on your own solid ground!
Thanks for 21 years of great memories! Thanks for being the practice child, thanks for forgiving all my mistakes. You have been amazing at learning how to be the best big brother ever, and letting me learn to be a mom!
I love you Boy!


2 comments:

Mama D said...

Where have I been lately? Oh, wait. I've been working, sleeping, purging, packing, and stressing! I just realized I haven't commented on your last few posts. Sorry.

What wonderful times you have had recently. Krysta is a beautiful graduate! Happy Birthday to your kids! I might have to copy your birthday post idea. Katee is at the fun D age - dating and driving. Wow. Has Dano's mission call arrived yet? And how is Marcus' health?

Hmm, it's time for another phone call. Love you, sis! I'm glad your kids have friends like we are!

Duncan Family said...

Tasha, that was so touching! Give Marcus a hug for me! We didn't bring Elli to Utah with us, she ended up staying home with her Grandma J and her Gigi (great grandma). It's better that way....we'll call you later this week when Elli does come down. Love ya!