Wednesday, June 17, 2009

... I will go and do...1 Nephi 3:7

So it's here!

I have to admit I am not a "patient waiter". Marcus' denial of a mission call was a heartbreaker for me (and him) so when Daniels call was lost in the mail (granted had I known it was lost in the mail I would not have freaked out) I kind of freaked out!
All the horrible memories of Marcus' came flooding back and the thought, of 2 sons being rejected, was very real for me. I know where is my faith!

Anyway after a detour in mailing, his call has arrived. Daniel will leave August 12 to serve His Heavenly Father in the Ohio Columbus mission. I am way excited he is going to be in the states. That means I can send more treats! I know he was thinking exoctic, but that will have to wait for his mission when he is old and married :o)

Sorry no pics of the big event! Dan was in Idaho Falls and I was in Salt Lake when he opened it.
We have lots to do and a short time frame to do it in.

As a side note Krys leaves for college the same week, so if you do not see or hear from me in awhile it's cause I am getting 2 great kids ready for some amazing adventures!

You can follow Daniel on a blog I am putting together for his mission, "Like Unto Moroni" it should be up by the end of the week :o)

love ya all!

3 comments:

Lori said...

That is so exciting!! I would be very pleased with Ohio as well;) What an exciting summer you have ahead!

Mama D said...

Hooray!! I am so excited for Daniel and your entire family! He will love Ohio!!

Kandace Welch said...

We are so excited for Dan and Krys. Let us know their addresses ASAP! Well, at least if Krysta is living in the dorms, etc., I know you won't get Daniel's address until he gets to the MTC. Love ya!