Saturday, March 28, 2009

...Every good gift cometh of Christ! Moroni 10:18

Meet my friend Mel (she is the one 4th from the left with her arms folded looking like the proud Mom.). Mel is the Mom of Andrew, Bobbi and Jessi! (please note they may not be listed in order of importance) Mel is also an incredible woman of faith, one amazing YW leader, dedicated mother and one of the hardest working people I know. If I ever grow up I wanna be just like Mel. (also of note, the two gentleman in the picture, the most amazing Bishop Flamm and his counselor the adorable Bro. Bailey, next to Bro. Bailey his equally amazing wife Viki, to Mel's right the incredible Lisa! Also pictured Megan, Lexi, Wendy, Bobbi and Brinah, a sampling of some of the best group of YW Idaho has to offer!)
This is JESSI!! Jessi is my buddy, she was one of my first facebook friends, she texts me almost daily, she actually reads my blogs too! I love Jessi. I miss Jessi! Jessi and Mel (and Bob, Andrew and Bobbi) live in Idaho. So I do not get to see them hardly ever anymore! (lucky for me though the family reunion is only 120 days away and it's in Idaho, just like Jessi)

Why a post about Jessi you ask! Well in 10 count them 10 days Jessi is having a birthday!! Jessi will be 17! Last year we could not be with Jessi for her 16th birthday, so she is the one we started our birthday in a box tradition with! So this morning I was pondering what to do for Jessi's birthday this year. as you can see she has everything a girl could ever want... a great mom, a plunger and pink crocs, a car and jammies to repel in. So I come to you my good readers for advice!!


What can I do for MY JESSI for her birthday on an extremely limited budget, and 358 miles away. Please send suggestions! I love you Jessi!!
Jessi spread the word to all your blogger friends so they can send comments :o)



4 comments:

Jessica said...

okay those are horrible girls camp pictures except for the last one. Thank you for sending me a birthday in a box last year, that was my favorite present :D. OH and I love you for spelling my name right (Jessi) people just d0nt get there isn't a (e) in jessieca. Good job! Third you don't have to get me anything for my birthday Tasha me dear. Also you need to come get family pictures before that brother of mine leaves on his mission. Wait maybe when wadiecakes leaves you can get a family picture. Oh that doesn't mean Katee and Krysta still don't have to get me a present :) haha just kidding. When i get money and buy your presents you can buy mine. Love YOuall Reeds

Jessica said...

tasha that isn't me in the first picture that is wendy

Mama D said...

Hmm... Maybe it would help your friends come up with some ideas for you if we knew what you put in the birthday in a box last year.

No surprise - but my suggestion is Hilary Weeks' CD If I Only Had Today. I listen to it daily!

And **I** expect a birthday in a box this year! :D

Denalee said...

Sounds to me like you just gave her a great birthday present! All those sweet words would certainly make my day!!!