Sunday, February 1, 2009

...Always returning thanks unto God for whatsover things ye do recieve. Alma 7:23

So January's goal was on Joy and I am still working on that. For February I am chossing to work on Thankfulness ( i was going to say gratitude, but gratidue is not in the topical guide of the Book of Mormon, so thankfulness it is).



I must add a disclaimer here, cause i don't want to plagerize. My best friend, (my twin born a year to the day earlier and to different parents, that's another blog) has a tradition of writing her blessings on her blog every saturday. In my attempt to be more thankful I am going to try to post my blessings every sunday. I know she wont mind me being a copy cat cause she is great like that! Another word of warning my memory is not always so great, so i have a notebook at my desk at work and a "journal" on my nightstand that i can write down daily blessings, hopefully it will put me in the habit of noticing things i am grateful for AND things that bring me JOY!



So for the week past here is what i am grateful for:

1. Sister Robbins and Sister Horrocks. I have lived in my current ward for almost 2 years now.
I have not had visiting teachers, i have one sweet sister i have been a visiting teacher to ( she is so overwhelme by her 2 sweet babies that Sacrament is she can handle) but the others i have visited are inactive and do not want visiting teachers. Needless to say it has been a bit lonely. Earl and I have been teaching Primary so i know a few sisters, but i cannot say i have a friend in this ward that i can just sit with. Last Sunday Sister Robbins sat next to me in RS. I usually sit all alone. I am grateful for Sister Robbins. Sister Horrocks is this sweet new sister in the ward she is trying her best to be the new chorister in RS but is overwhelmed. I got the chance to offer her some comfort. It was so nice to be needed.

2. Facebook. I know it sounds corny, but i have been so lonely here. It is hard when you are young marrieds, and moms to keep in touch with old friends, and thru Facebook, i have caught up with so many dear friends. It has been so fun to walk down memory lane but it has been such a blessing to have these friends in my life again. These friends shaped my testimony, and encouraged me thru really tough times. Another blessing my kids do not even mind that i have a Facebook page.

3. Scriptures on CD. I miss the talks and music i used to listen to at my previous job. They gave me the courage to keep going. My new job is so difernent and it has been a big adjustment. I have started listening to the scriptures on CD at work. I can complete the Book of Mormon in about 5 days, the New Testament in 3, the D&C in 3 and i am going to brave the Old Testament this month. I'll let ya know how it goes. ( i know it's not studying, but it's better than talk radio and the budget doesn't allow for purchasing all the ones i used to listen to for free).

4. My kids! They are great.

5. Earl, he is so patient with me.

6. My job, cause so many don't have them right now. I also have a really amazing boss. She is as patient with me as Lee was, and has as much trust too. I am truly grateful.

7. Brenda she brings me home from work a lot of days, she is such a blessing!

8. Email. Cause sometimes a great email gets me thru a tough day. (I even love forwards cause it means someone tought of me that day.)

9. Good health days.

10. Snuggling with Katee at the end of a long day.

11. Brendan for teaching me about repentance and forgiveness.

12. The Sacrament and the opportunity to repent and be forgiven.

13. Testimonies and those who share them. They strenghten me. Even the ones that ramble because they help me remember not to judge.

14. YOU! thanks for enduring a long post!

1 comment:

Mama D said...

LOVE your blessing list! I love that you tied it into this scripture, that is such an important thing to remember.

My blessing list is one of the things that keeps me going on the tough days. I am honored that you want to copy me. :)