Monday, February 16, 2009

And inasmuch as my people build a house unto me....D&C 97:15








So for Valentines Day we went as half the family to the Draper Temple open house! It was a great way to spend the evening. The rooms are just breathtaking. Krysta's favorite room was the Celestial Room. She said it was peaceful and pretty. Katee's favorite was the Sealing Room. She loved the mirrors. Earls favorite was also the Sealing Room, he liked seeing all his "girls" there.
My favorite was the ordinance room with all the aspen trees.
I love the peacefulness of the temple. I love the beauty. I love the history of the temples and I

was grateful for the short film telling bout the sacrifices made to build the early temples. I remember when the Jordan River Temple was being considered and I remember receiving a request from the Bishop to doanate to build that temple. I was only 11 years old and I think I was given the amount of $12. Which isn't much but it was something. Enough to make it my temple.
I wondered how my children would ever have that same feeling of sacrifice or ownership.
I guess I didn't need to worry because on the way home they were calling the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple their temple. We also learned that in the summer there would be a HUGE celebration for dedicating these 2 new Houses of the Lord, and my girls will ge to be a part. I am so excited for them. if you have not seen the new Temple yet, there is still time. Just go to LDS.org and get all the info you need.

1 comment:

Mama D said...

Great photos of half of your family! What a great experience to go to the open house. I'm really glad you got to do that, and have Krysta and Katee have that opportunity as well.