Sunday, February 22, 2009

Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.


This is picture of my family. My CUTE little Mom and Dad, my ADORABLE Grandpa, my AMAZING sisters (Paula, Marci and Toni) and my DARLING BIG BROTHER David! My brother is in the military! He is one of my heroes! He really is, despite the fact that he was pinching me at the time this picture was taken (he gets that from our Dad). David has been deployed for the last year. He was nervous about this mission and he does not usually ask for ANYTHING but on this deployment he asked repeatedly for prayers for him and his men. Since he rarely asks I knew it was important. I was so grateful that my kids felt the importance of it as well and i can honestly say in the last 12 months not one prayer has been offered in my home that did not include my big brother and his men. I am pretty sure I can say the same thing for my parents, all my sisters and their families. Well for 12 months those prayers were answered and my brother and his men are all back in the US safe! Hopefully soon they will be back with their families.
I am also very grateful for the work that they do. We will never know how many times they put their lives on the line for our safety and freedom. They do this willingly. They volunteer, they are not required to serve in the military like so many other countries are. My thankfulness to them cannot really be put into words.
One scripture comes to mind when I think of him and what he does.
25 And it came to pass that there were two hundred, out of my two thousand and sixty, who had fainted because of the loss of blood; nevertheless, according to the goodness of God, and to our great astonishment, and also the joy of our whole army, there was not one soul of them who did perish; yea, and neither was there one soul among them who had not received many wounds.

26 And now, their preservation was astonishing to our whole army, yea, that they should be spared while there was a thousand of our brethren who were slain. And we do justly ascribe it to the miraculous power of God, because of their exceeding faith in that which they had been taught to believe—that there was a just God, and whosoever did not doubt, that they should be preserved by his marvelous power.

27 Now this was the faith of these of whom I have spoken; they are young, and their minds are firm, and they do put their trust in God continually.
I love you David! Welcome home!
I cannot talk about David with out mentioning his ADORABLE wife Colette. She is another hero.
She has been a military wife for almost 22 years. I do not know how she does it. I can say she was included in every prayer offered as well cause David couldn't do what he does with out her support. Thanks Colette for being so WONDERFUL! I love you!

6 comments:

Mama D said...

Awesome tribute to David and Colette! So glad that he and his men are back safely in the States. I appreciate their service to our country!

Sheena said...

ok i new u would freak! i am 5 months (19 weeks). i am finaly feeling good again and we find out on tuesday what it is! we are way excited the due date is july 27th for now and we cant wait!!

Papa D said...

Neat post, girlfriend. I echo what my dear wife said, as I usually do.

Terri Porter said...

Cute blog.....Great minds really do think alike. I hear things have been tough for you lately. Sorry to hear that. Danielle seems more and more grown up every time I talk to him. Still flakey, (he flaked out on a few dinners with us) but grown up. I will keep you in my prayers.
Wish I could see you. Miss you.

Denalee said...

So sweet Tash! Thanks for posting the pictures. I have goose-bumps.
oxoxoxoxxo

Terri Porter said...

Great blog! Great minds really do think alike... I'm sorry to hear things have been tough for you lately. I wish you were here. I enjoyed our talks. Daniel seems to have grown-up more and more every time I see him, still flakey, (he flaked on two dinners) but much more mature.
I will keep you in my prayers. Have faith there is still hope for Marcus. He's a good man and he has a great foundation.
Miss you.