Saturday, February 7, 2009

...ye shall be blessed...in your families. D&C 136:11





These are 2 of my sisters. Marci on the left and Toni on the right. Yesterday was Marci's birthday. Today I express my gratitude for my sister. She is amazing. She is the mother of 9 great kids, of those 9, 7 are boys who all have incredible spouses, and 2 are girls. Tiff is too young to marry, and Ginger is too smart to marry :o) Marci has 7 adorble grandsons and 7 amazing granddaughters. They are her greatest joy. I love to hear her talk about them.


Marci came into my life when I was 14. I remember the first time I met her she was pregnant with Adam. I went to Montana with my mom to help her when Adam was born. Adam is number 8. To her, from day one I was her baby sister. I am forever grateful for that. Besides being one of my best friends and confidants here is what I love about Marci:


1. She has the most amazing smile and the BEST laugh!


2. She has a REALLY strong testimony. Her love for Our Savior, and her trust and faith in Him are second to none (but tied with Mom and Dad's)


3. My girls have to chime in on this one, Katee says the best thing about Aunt Marci is that she always makes you laugh, Krysta says she thinks she is incredible because she raised an amazing family (and that she lives on a farm)!


4. Marci has taught me that even though your physical body may not work the way you want it's no reason to get down. She has RA and she never let's it stop her from doing what she wants or needs to do!


5. Marci has a huge heart and a tender spirit. We can be the biggest crybabies when we get together and if you throw my mom and other amazing sisters in the mix we can rival the teton flood :o)


6 Marci knows how to work hard and she does (good gravy she raised 9 kids and a husband on a farm with sheep and cows, enough said).


I am so very grateful for you Marci and I love you a ton. You are one of the best role models a little sister could have! For YOU I am thankful!!

Happy Birthday!


2 comments:

Mama D said...

What an awesome tribute to your amazing sister!

I love how you are focusing on your blessings through the scriptures and using those as titles for your posts!

Mama D said...

PS: I am going with the sister missionaries this afternoon and then working my short shift this evening. I won't forget my blessing list! I will post it as soon as the kids let me after I get home tonight, so you won't have to wait up until midnight for it! ;)