Sunday, February 8, 2009

... great blessings poured out upon their heads...

I have been looking forward to listing my blessings this week. It isn't because I have had amazing miracles take place in my life, or anything earth shattering happen, i just need to do it to help me not get caught up in all the things that seem to not be going ... well lets just say not the way I had it pictured in my mind.

1. scriptures, today i am truly grateful for having them. I listen to them often but i had a couple opportunities to really feast on them this week and even though it didn't answer my questions, it gave me peace.

2. stake conference! I love our stake president he is incredible. I tried to go prepared to get help with some struggles and feelings i have been having lately. Again i didn't get my answers straight out but he did help me see things differnently and in a new perspective.

3. my job. its not that i have the most amazing job that i just can't wait to get up and go to every morning, but that i have a job, and i am starting to get the hang of it (i hope) and i am starting to feel like i fit in.

4. Julie. she is a sweet young mom that i work with and she is training me. she has so much patience with me. I am truly grateful for her this week.

5. April, she is another co worker who is so positive and reassuring.

6. email :o) I love connecting with old friends and keeping up with family.

7. Sunrises and sunsets. we have sure had some pretty ones this week. I love a great sunrise cause it gives me something to look forward too, and a sunset lets me know i successfully made it thru another day.

8. MISSION CALLS. I am so excited for Wade and cannot wait to hear about Ryan's. I look forward to writing and encouraging these young men as they serve as fulltime missionaries for the Savior.

9. Internet. On it i find great quotes like these.

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. ~ Unknown

The measure of our success as parents, however, will not rest solely on how our children turn out. That judgment would be just only if we could raise our families in a perfectly moral environment, and that now is not possible.
It is not uncommon for responsible parents to lose one of their children, for a time, to influences over which they have no control. They agonize over rebellious sons or daughters. They are puzzled over why they are so helpless when they have tried so hard to do what they should.
It is my conviction that those wicked influences one day will be overruled. ~ Boyd K Packer

10. New days and second chances.

Until next weeks blessings....

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." ~ Mark Twain






3 comments:

Denalee said...

Great quotes Tash.
xooxx

Mama D said...

Awesome list!! Hooray for counting your blessings! I love the quotes you included.

(( Hugs )) Love you!

DeAnn said...

Love this. Thanks for reminding me of all the blessings in life! Thanks for being one of my blessings,